Today I’m going with something a bit different to my recent posts, something more personal. I was watching Shane and Hannah on youtube and when they were answering 73 questions I got intrigued about what my answers would be. So that is what is in store today.
1.What’s the best thing that happened to you this month? I got my first car and it’s a wheelchair accessible vehicle so I get to go out in the wider world in my electric wheelchair! Freedom!!!
2. What is something you’re tired of? Brexit…
3. What is something that recently moved you? Watching a kid get left out on a school trip, it was a couple of months back but it still hurts my heart
4. If you could teach one subject in school what would it be? Tough one… It would probably be about humans and animals.
5. What’s your favourite beverage? White wine
6. What’s your favourite cocktail? I can’t drink cocktails… Some of these questions are not going to be applicable…! I’ll just delete those ones I think!
8.What is one thing you still have from your childhood? My teddy!
9. What is your favourite movie? Maybe Little Miss Sunshine
10. What is something you can’t do? Cartwheels
11. What is one habit you wish you could break? My weird need to have the tv volume at intervals that end with 0, 2, 5, or 8. It’s been with me since I got my first tv…
12. What makes you laugh no matter what? when my friends are laughing uncontrollably
13. What does creativity mean to you? Self expression
15. What is something you’ve always wanted to try but you’ve been too scared to do? Ooh… just taking off and going travelling without a lot of planning
16. Best advice for your 19 year old self? Life gets better
18. Must have purse item? Money? Keys? Assuming the basics are covered then a notebook and pencil
19. What did you want to do with your life at age 12? In secret it was a writer but I was made to feel stupid for that so the answer I gave was teacher or something like that
20. What is something you will not be doing in ten years? Making so much waste and recycling – I recycle so many plastic bottles and am trying to find ways to cut back. Whilst it’s great they can be recycled, it’d be better if they weren’t made in the first place.
21. What is an important life lesson for someone to learn? Everyone is dealing with something, there is nothing to gain in comparing those somethings. Something that’s trivial to one person can be major to another person.
22. What is one goal you are determined to achieve in your lifetime? I’d like to have some writing published. I have had a few poems published but nothing I feel overwhelmingly proud of.
23. Would you ever live anywhere else? Probably not, I love York and also moving is complicated by which local authority has responsibility for my care and housing and stuff… You can’t just decide to move…
27. Who is your favourite painter? I really like illustration and tattoo style art but not sure I could pin it down more than that.
28. Favourite Disney animal? Is Happy Feet a disney film?
29. What is a book you are planning on reading? So many! I am literally surrounded by books!
30. What did you read most recently? I just finished Animal by Sara Pascoe, The Gift of Dark Hollow by Kieran Larwood and a book by Tamara Pierce
32. What’s your favourite board game? Does scrabble count?
33. What’s a city you wish to visit? Portland
34. Heels or flats? Both, the wonderful advantage of wheelchairs!
35. Where does one go on a perfect road trip? Canada?
36. What do you do on a rainy day? Drink tea and read and write and watch stuff when I get tired
37. What’s your favourite exercise? I used to love trampolining and was actually quite good at it, which shocked everyone!
38. What was your worst subject in school? Related to the previous question, my worst subject by far was PE
44. What is something you wish you could be good at? Spontaneity, and spelling definitely – for some reason the end always trips me up…
49. How do you manage stress? Writing down what I can do about the thing that’s causing stress gets it out of my head. Distraction. Trying to accept that I’ve done all I can do and the rest is out of my hands.
50. What do you do to relax? Watch tv, read, go outside
51. Age when you were first kissed? 16, it wasn’t good…
52. Place you were first kissed? Backseat in the cinema…
57. How do you know if you’re in love? You love the person including the things you hate about them
58. Television show you’ve binged on recently? Manifest
59. Who do you turn to when you’re sad? My teddy, then my friends
60. Name one thing you’ve learned the hard way? Asking for help is a strength not a weakness. Be interdependent, not independent. We can receive help from others and in some way, at some point, we will give back to them even though it may not look the same.
61. If you could make a documentary about anything what would it be? Disability and sexuality, it would probably have to be a series!
62. What is your Kryptonite? Books and bookshops
63. What are you most enchanted by? The power of nature in the face of adversity, think about plants that fight through cracks in the pavement.
64. What is your biggest strength? I am quite thoughtful. I’m good at looking at the other side of something and thinking about why people do the things they do.
65. What is your biggest weakness? I want to fix things for others when I should just be listening.
67. Cutest thing on planet earth? Animals, especially babies. I can’t be more specific. Except perhaps excluding spiders.
69. Best first date idea? Some kind of activity, ideally outside. Or something like ceramic painting.
70. Favourite type of flower? Daisies
71. What do you first notice about someone when you meet them? A sense of them, a feeling I get.
72. What’s your guilty pleasure? I don’t like the phrase guilty pleasure, if something brings you pleasure and doesn’t cause harm, enjoy it!
73. Plans for the weekend? Reading, writing, seeing what the weather does. My weekends tend to be very chilled out – I’d rather go out during the week when the outside world is quieter.